This week we're taking it to Tuvalu with this sweet treat that'll feed the whole family!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes approximately 15)
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbls dry yeast
- 1 cup of sugar (to taste)
- 2 tbls powdered milk
- Water (Use accordingly to help make dough)
- Oil for frying
- Pour the flour, eggs, yeast, sugar and powdered milk together into a bowl, mixing whilst adding water until the consistency is doughy...
- Wait for 5 minutes then cut the dough up into 15 portions.
- Roll/knead your dough up and then flatten out big enough to place a spoonful of jam in them then close it up.
- Allow the portions to stand for another 5 minutes
- Place and cook them in a hot frying pan until they are nice and brown
- They are now ready to eat...
- Share this recipe with your friends and family and let us know how you go!
Note: Recipe can be done without eggs and milk. Traditional/Tuvaluans back home use 'kaleve vii' (fermented toddy) which can be used in place of yeast.