We're ending off Tuvalu Language week with a sweet treat, that'll feed the whole family! Funafuna, yummy sweet cakes.
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 15)
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbls dry yeast
- 1 cup of sugar (to taste)
- 2 tbls powdered milk
- Jam (or any other filling you would like)
- Water (Use accordingly to help make dough)
- Oil for frying
- Pour the flour, eggs, yeast, sugar and powdered milk together into a bowl, mixing whilst adding water until the consistency is doughy...
- Wait for 5 minutes then cut the dough up into 15 portions.
- Roll/knead your dough up and then flatten out big enough to place a spoonful of jam in them then close it up.
- Allow the portions to stand for another 5 minutes
- Place and cook them in a hot frying pan until they are nice and brown
They are now ready to eat...
Please share this recipe with your friends and family and let us know how you go!